Adding Schema Markup to your pages
The JSON-LD Format
The Schema Markup Builder provides you with the structured data in JSON-LD format, Google's preferred format for adding structured data to your pages.
JSON-LD is an incredibly easy format to implement.
This is because
- it can be placed ANYWHERE on your page - Within the <head> OR the <body> section of the HTML.
- It does not show up to end users since it is added as a <script> tag in the HTML. Its only visible to search engines
Adding the Schema Markup to your Page
Within your Content Management System (Wordpress or similar),
- Find the page for which you built the Schema markup
- Open the page in Edit mode
- Switch to the HTML view of the page
- Copy and paste the JSON-LD in any spot on the page - taking care not to break any existing HTML elements on the page
While Implementing JSON-LD Schema Markup on your pages is easy, if you're unfamiliar with HTML pages, it is is HIGHLY recommended you get a person familiar with the basics to make the changes for you.
Important Things to Note about Schema Markup Implementation
- Make sure you add the Schema Markup on the page for which it was generated
- Make sure that all the Required Elements and as many of the Recommended elements are filled in as possible
- Make sure that the elements in the Markup are also present on the page - This is easy to ensure if you have used the point and click interface to pick out the elements from the page itself vs manually entering in values.
- Make sure that you test and validate against the Google Structured Data testing tool (Schema Builder has a direct link when you select to View the generated code)
Schema Builder Video Walkthroughs
Getting Started with the Schema Builder Plugin Advanced - Picking up Multiple Elements (Reviews, FAQ's) automatically Advanced - String Transformations
Introduction to Schema Builder
What is Schema Builder? Schema Builder is a Chrome extension that allows you to add structured data to any webpage quickly, easily, and correctly without any schema knowledge. There are many schema.org defined types of structured data. Each schema ...
What is JSON-LD
Getting Started Guide
Getting started is easy! Step 1 Install the plug-in from the Chrome Webstore - Schema Builder Step 2 Navigate to the page you'd like to add Schema on and launch the plugin Step 3 Choose the type of structured data to build from the list of options ...